King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Monday, March 26, 2007

Achievement flows out of BEING.

"You don’t get in life what you want. You get what you are."
- Les Brown

I love this man. He is the one that showed me back in 1999 that what you can achieved comes from within, not from without. So ask yourself: "Who are you?"
Better still, ask yourself, "What stuff are you made of?"

Years ago, when I was serving in SYFC, someone told me that "Effective ministry flows out of being". You need to be before you can do. Years later, I would certainly agreed no less, but extended this belief to other areas of my life. Remember, achievement flows out of being too.

No comments: