King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Love Letter

My Dear Wife,

You are still my lovely one. I remember the first time I saw your face, that bright, cheery smile, those long hair, and those sparkling eyes. That fateful afternoon in lecture theatre 8, 2 p.m. on the 20th July 1994. It was all over - I was smitten; I was stunned. I was paralysed by this cutie bun. Maybe I didn't quite know what hit me at first, or maybe I was afraid to admit that it could actually happen to me. But it was indisputable; I was hooked. I'm so thankful I was.

I remember the first time we talked. I had difficulty concentrating on your words because it was all I could do to resist reaching out and touching your hair, your cheek, your lips. I remember that little twinkle in your eyes, that teasing smile, as if you knew that it was only a matter of time. I thank God for that day. And I remember...because...

Because I Love You,

Your Husband.

No comments: