King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Love Letter

My Dear Wife,

You grow more beautiful with time. Can you imagine the two of us with gray hair and lots of wrinkles, with footsteps that move slowly and ears that have grown faint of hearing? It's difficult to imagine, I know; but there is no stopping of the clock. I can almost see that you'll look cute when your hair turns white; you'll look sweet even when wrinkles appear on your face, and my love for you will see past the wrinkled exterior to the beautiful you inside; the you that I've grown to love so much.

Let's not fight aging nor time. Instead, let's accept that it happens and rejoice in the number of years we share together. The more I am with you, my darling, the more deeply I fall in love with you. Our love will sweeten and mellow with the passing of time. The Psalmist said that "the righteous will flourish like a palm tree, ...they will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green" (Psalm 92:12-14).

I thank God for the gift of a companion as wonderful as you, with whom to stay by each other's side. Let's grow old together, my love.

Because I Love You,

Your Husband.

No comments: