King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Love Letter

My Dear Wife,

I love being with you. Do you remember when I used to call and ask you out? Back then I would come by your place and pick you up for a date. I would be all cleaned up, shaven, and smelling good. I was always nervous when going out with you, and the anticipation was so thick. Those were good days, and I don't see any reason they can't keep on happening.

Let's go on an old-fashioned date again, darling. Tell me how you would like to do this and where you would like to go. Then let's just do it. I'll pull out all the steps: wash the car, bring you flowers. I don't know about all the details now, but let's talk about it, make a plan, arrange childcare, and then carry it out...on a regular basis.

Because I Love You,
Your Husband.

No comments: