King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Love Letter

My Dear Wife,

I thank you for helping me listen. I want to improve my listening skills. I may think I listen, I really do, but the truth is that I'm often too involved in my own thoughts to hear all you are saying. I really feel bad about this.

I want to get better at listening, and I know that will only happen as I practice. It's like playing golf. I won't improve by sitting down. I need to get out and practice, over and over and over again, until I get my shots right. And just as I can improve my skills in any other endeavor, I can improve on my listening skills with and through you.

You will make a good coach, dearie, and I hope you will keep on helping me in this area. Feel free to share your heart with me and tell me what you are thinking. It will give me a good opportunity to learn to listen better.

Because I Love You,
Your Husband.

No comments: