King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Higher Plain

It is almost as if we exist on a higher plain when we have lost ourselves in a greater power, when our activity is focused & greater than ourselves. Our focus seems to be at it's apex when our actions are greater than ourselves & on that plain there seems to exist a limitless source of energy.

I know that when I am lost in an activity that, by no means, involves me or my ego directly, time whizzes by & I only ever recognize the weariness or exhaustion once I separate myself from the activity, almost like pulling a plug. Whatever you're doing, associate your actions with a goal that is greater than yourself, move towards an object that is far out of reach or an objective that seems impossible & work on your connection with the limitless power there.

- John Kanary

No comments: