King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Four Pillars of a Man Part I

"A man's man is a godly man, and a godly man reflects the heart of his Father in who he is and what he does" wrote Gary Oliver, author of 'Real Men Have Feelings Too'.

I have read many books on the subject call "manhood". They all talk about what a man should do, but did not show us what a man can be. Being comes before doing, as I have said earlier.

As a man, I have got to build a family that outlive me. I have got to build a home that outlast me. I have got to build a heritage that stands strong and firm in the winds of time. I have got to build a civilization that does not fall apart with the passing years. I have got to build a legacy on pillars that will not lean or crumble.

What kind of man can accomplish that? What kind of man has shoulders broad enough to build upon? It is the man who learns to lay his foundation in Christ through the following 4 pillars. The 4-pillared man is:

1. A Man of Vision & Character...a King.
2. A Man of Strength & Power ... a Warrior.
3. A Man of Faith & Wisdom ... a Mentor.
4. A Man of Heart & Love ...a Friend.

It is upon these pillars of manhood that my small civilization call "home" will either stand or fall. It takes 4 pillars to hold up a building, a temple, or a home. It will take 4 pillars to make a man - a man who will bear the weight, stand against the elements, and hold one small civilization intact in a chaotic world heading towards destruction & judgement. I had a decision to make, NOW.

I believe it is impossible to be a man, fully masculine, apart from bowing to Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life and submitting to His Word as the ultimate life authority. A man's man is a godly man. A man's man got to do what a man got to do. And a man got to make some tough decisions. Especially this one.

- Stu Weber (from The Four Pillars of a Man's Heart)

Today. I did that, again. I commit myself to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and I submit to His Word as the ultimate authority for my life.
I want to be a Man...a man's Man. God be my help, I pray.

No comments: