King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Monday, April 2, 2007

Love Letter

My Dear Wife,

Your presence and countenance is my blessing. Do you know how much I love to look at your face? I enjoy it most when you don't know I'm looking. I love the curve of your cheek, the shape of your chin, the form of your lips. I love the color of your eyes and the way your lashes flutter softly, like butterflies. I love the way your brows lift and your mouth puckers slightly when you are considering something.

I love to touch your face, to feel the smoothness of your skin beneath my hands. I long to run my fingers over your long, silky hair, and I love to run the same fingers over your closed eyelids, down your neck, over your lips, and above your shape nose. I thank God for these little things that bring so much pleasure to our lives. This little but familiar expressions everyday are a source of joy to me constantly. Oh my darling, how I love your face.

Because I Love You,

Your Husband.

No comments: