King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Love Letter

My Dear Wife,

I love it when we make up. I realize that disagreement are just a normal part of any marriage. And it's no secret that you and I don't always agree on everything. But it's my desire that we will never engage in hurtful words or accusations that are spoken in anger.

The bible exhorts us not to let the sun go down while we are still angry, and not to give the devil a foothold. Therefore, I make you these promises:
- I promise never to call you names.
- I promise not to dredge up old offenses.
- I promise to avoid and refrain from phrases like "you always" and "you never".
- I promise to listen to what you are saying.
- I promise never to resort to physical aggression.
- I promise not to drag out an arguement.
- I promise not to go to bed angry.

You know why I want to commit to you all these promises? Because I think you are worth every effort of mine to keep them. If I need to clear the air, I pray that God help me to do it in a healthy and wholesome way. And may our marriage be stronger everytime.

Because I Love You,
Your Husband.

No comments: