King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Struggle Within

The Struggle Within
- A Poem by Liam Murray

The Darkness consumes me it clouds my mind
Tearing at me from within my body
My Soul and my Self vainly fight back
In a war that cannot be won.

The hatred, the anger, the lust all grow
Purging any ounce of the man I once knew
Paranoia thrives in the shell that was me
But part of me remains.

A part of me remains inside
Locked in self-loathing in what I've become
That part of me wishes for an end to it all
That part of me wishes for death.

My Will now fights a battle to the end
A small light surrounded by impenetrable darkness
Which side of my nature will win the war?
Only time will end this fateful score.

No comments: