King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Friday, May 4, 2007

If the World Ends Tomorrow ...

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree."
-Martin Luther

I would humbly beg to differ from that "apple tree" thingy. I can fully appreciate his meaning & deep convictions about going about and doing the things as planned, but I confess I am a bit shallow. If the world really ends tomorrow, I guess I will drop some of my planned activities in order to attempt the following (in no order of preference):

1. Open & drink that most expensive bottle of wine in my house (don't you guys dare ask for it when you come to my place. I will deny everything)
2. Order a full set meal from Morton Steak House (Home Delivery)
3. Throw a few eggs at my neighbour's car down in the HDB carpark
4. Call someone I love & tell her I really love her like no tomorrow
5. And then ask her can I kiss her passionately (I'll drive down her place if she consents)
6. Call & thank my parent for the gift of life
7. Call my siblings and tell them they were great
8. SMS my friends & ...heck lah...where got time?
9. Order Hilton cheesecake for desserts (Home Delivery)
10. Drive out for some D24 durian
11. Have a nice cup of brewed Blue Mountain coffee
12. Hug & kiss my wife and kid, tell them I love them, and then .....

...debate with God (means plead, blackmail, threats, act cute, bargain... ) & see if I can postpone the ending.

What would you do with your last 24 hours? What's your dirty dozen? Share leh, for the fun of it...

No comments: