King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Friday, May 11, 2007

My 500th Entry Today!

Some friends asked me whether I am out of my mind, blogging 6-8 entries on average a day, daily, for the past two-&-a-half months.

My answer: "I probably am." And I think they probably are too if they have been reading ALL of them.

But you know what? I have achieved something in learning that I have always wanted but never find the outlet or platform: Relearning old things. For the record, I am a sucker for collecting things; books, poems, quotes, jokes, pictures, notes from seminars I attended many years ago ....

I have them all kept, stacked, & filed away. In reality, how much have I learned, remembered, & applied? That's the million-dollar question. I once have a mentor who taught me 3 very important perspectives:

I am here to - Learn, Relearn, & Unlearn -

1. Learn NEW things;
2. Relearn OLD things; &
3. Unlearn BAD things.

So here am I, still powering forward with my average output, because the faster I have them here, the faster I live my life, twice.

"Food for the soul first, then food for the tummy."
- Dr. Jerri Nielsen

No comments: