King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Time Management

What do you consider the most important factor for managing one's time effectively?

The number one factor I would consider is to get yourself to the point where you know what the most important things are to you - your priorities; those things that when they are done will move you on toward your goal. I want to know those priorities so well that it becomes second nature to me and then when it comes time to make a decision as to what I will do or how I will spend my time, I will make the right choice.

You see time management really isn't time management, per se. It is ultimately self-management as we relate to our priorities. My church pastor called it life management.

So I would encourage you to take time on a regular basis and examine all of the options available to you that you can spend your time on. You can do this as you look at your whole life or as you look at a segment of your life.

Once you see what your options are, then make a priority list. What things are the most important? And let me say "most important," not "most enjoyable." As you do this, you see where you must spend your time.

No comments: