King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mistakes - Learn & Let Go

The famous Italian actress Sophia Loren is quoted as saying, "Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life".
.
Most people are afraid to try new things in life because they think it will be a mistake or they will fail. Mistakes are part of a learning process. If you make a mistake, own up to it and correct it. You will know what you will need to do the next time.
.
I know and admit I am not perfect. I have made mistakes along the way. I've made mistakes with investing in stocks; mistakes in schools; mistakes in relationships. I took the bumps but I came back better, stronger and made more. This is just part of life. One shouldn't dwell on these mistakes. Learn from your mistakes and keep moving forward.
.
I have also learned to let go ... of the mistakes of others. A friend of mine pointed out that if I hang on to issues tightly, like grabbing a handful of sand with a clinched fist, I can hold little in it. But if I learn to let go gently and scope up a handful of sand, it can hold more (life).
.
I leave you with the famous words of Oscar Wilde: "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes".
.
Yes, I will learn from my mistakes.
Yes, I will let go of other's mistakes, and learn from theirs too!
.
PS: Sophia Loren (born September 20, 1934) is a motion picture and stage, Academy Award-winning actress, widely considered to be the most popular Italian actress.

No comments: