King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Eleanor Arroway Testifies About Her Experience

Arroway:

"I had an experience .... I can't prove... I can't even explain it.

But everything that I know as a human being, everything I am tells me that it was real. I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever.

A vision of the universe, that tell us undeniably how tiny and insignificant and how rare and precious we all are. A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater than ourselves, that we are not, that none of us are alone. I wish.. I could share that.. I wish that everyone if even for one moment could feel that awe and humility and hope. But -- that continues to be my wish...."


(From: Jodie Foster, in the movie - Contact, 1997)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro. I like this one. HO EH!!!!