King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies

King of the Birds, Lord of the Skies
Gather ye rose buds while ye may, old time is still a flying;
and this same rose that you see today, tomorrow will be dying.
CarpeDiem: Seize the Day!
- Dead Poets Society

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Love Letter

My Dear Wife,

I thank you for listening to me. You have always been a great listener. I know that sometimes I might act as if I'm self-sufficient, as if I don't need anyone or anything. But beneath my 'I-have-everything-under-control' exterior dwells a needy little boy with concerns, fears, insecurities, and a need to be heard. Even when I appear tired, pre-occupied or crazy, sometimes I just want someone to talk to; someone like you, whom I can completely trust with all my inadequacies and shortcomings. Someone I know I can count on. That someone has always been you. Thank you, darling.

If you can, gently nudge me out, I'd love to talk to you and tell you everything that resides in these secret chambers of my heart. I know, communication seems to flow more easily for you women than it does for us men. We're not always comfortable saying how we feel, or even knowing how we feel. But you, my dear wife, you can draw me out. I know you're a good listener, and you usually have something wise and encouraging to say. I long so much for those intimate moments where I can pour out my heart to you and yours to mine; moments where your heartbeats sound clearer that the sound of the night. I really do need and like to talk to you.

Because I Love You,

Your Husband.

No comments: